Infidelity Investigations | Marin County
Mark Aal is the Founder and President of Aal and Associates, a full service private investigation firm specializing in insurance, business, attorney, consumer and infidelity investigations. He first began working as a part time surveillance operative for a local private investigation firm while studying administration of criminal justice at San Jose State University. Mr. Aal is an experienced, licensed private investigator with extensive training and more than 10 years experience investigating insurance claims and cases of domestic infidelity. Having conducted more than 15,000 hours of documented covert surveillance, Mr. Aal is a skilled surveillance operative with a proven track record of obtaining critical video evidence without being detected by the individuals under investigation. Mr. Aal oversees every investigation to insure each case is handled effectively and efficiently. We proudly serve clients in Marin County, Tiburon, Mill Valley, Ross, Belvedere, San Francisco and surrounding areas of California.
We are a proud member of the California Association of Licensed Investigators, www.cali-pi.org, and strictly adhere to the CALI Code of Ethics. The California Association of Licensed Investigators is the largest private investigator association in the world. We believe in the principles of truth, justice, fairness and honesty in dealing with our clients, witnesses and the general public. It is the purpose of the Code of Ethics to provide our members with a clear understanding of their responsibilities as active members of the association. This Code is also designed to protect the public and the association from the unethical practices of investigators within the State of California. CALI, through this Code of Ethics endorses and adheres to the Code of Ethics previously adopted the NCISS (National Council of Investigators and Security Professionals).
1. Adhere to all applicable laws, statutes and regulations of the State of California and United States of America in carrying out investigations on behalf of our clients.
2. Provide truthful, accurate, fact based reports to clients. Maintain confidentiality with clients to protect the privacy interests of all persons involved in our investigations. The collection of personal identifying information shall only be gathered for lawful purposes and shall not be disclosed to any third party. No investigator shall make a disclosure of information to a person not authorized by the client or by applicable laws.
3. Disclose to any client a conflict which would prevent the member from performing a fair, professional investigation.
4. When soliciting work, member investigators will conduct themselves in an ethical manner and will never misrepresent or disparage any member, in any forum, in order to obtain an assignment or to obtain an unfair advantage during an assignment or while carrying out the duties of the association.
5. Ensure that all employees associated with the investigator adhere to the CALI Code of Ethics while performing services on behalf of the investigator.
6. Refrain from any conduct which would bring the investigator or the association under reproach.
7. The investigator will only subcontract with a licensed private investigator while performing their duties. The investigator agrees to follow all applicable local and state laws (from each state) if asked to perform an assignment outside the state of California.
8. Whenever possible investigators will execute a written agreement with a client which outlines fees, costs, retainers, and a description of the work to be performed.
Adopted: April 15, 2007
CALI Board of Directors